YOGA NIDRA TEACHER TRAINING
5 Unique Modules :: 100-hour Certification Course
Honoring the Past. Embodying the Present. Shaping the Future.
Mastering the Art of Deep Relaxation & Transformative Dreaming.
Yoga Nidra, or “dynamic sleep,” is a unique approach to deep relaxation, meditation and transformative dreamwork that can be practiced with little or no yogic experience, yet it encompasses the full breadth of yoga psychology and meditative insight.
An evidenced-based and trauma-informed practice for restoring optimal health and cultivating tranquility, Evolutionary Education®’s Yoga Nidra Teacher Training (YNTT) draws from several yogic and psychological traditions and offers a new perspective on this ancient modality.
Yoga Nidra is typically ‘delivered’ to a group by a trained instructor, though it may also be employed in a one-on-one setting—for example, in place of or as an adjunct to counseling, psychotherapy, energy work, etc. Ultimately, Yoga Nidra may become the foundation of your yoga practice, clinical work, and journey of self-discovery.
An Accessible Format for Practitioners & Helping Professionals.
Evolutionary Education®’s comprehensive and nourishing 100-hour Yoga Nidra Teacher Training and retreat-style experience is divided into 5 unique modules or levels, including 60 contact hours (Levels I-IV) and a minimum of 40 hours of independent study (Level V). No prior yogic, therapeutic or teaching experience is required to enroll in Level I.
Levels I-IV each consist of 15-hr in-person trainings designed to be carried out over the course of a single weekend, though longer immersions combining multiple levels are offered on occasion. These levels must be taken in sequence, though they need not be taken at the same location or with the same instructor. Level V is conducted on your own and includes additional reading, written work, teaching practicum and personalized supervision.
Join Our Growing Network of Teachers.
Participants will receive a certificate of completion upon successful fulfillment of the requirements for each level, will gain access to the Evolutionary Education® Teacher’s Community Facebook Group (following Level I) and may list themselves on the Evolutionary Education® Teacher Directory (following Level II), though you must complete Level V in order to call yourself a Certified Evolutionary Education® Yoga Nidra Instructor.
To register for an in-person training module (Levels I-IV), visit our Events page.
Each in-person training features gentle movement (a mix of yoga asana and qigong), breath work, expressive arts and several opportunities to both receive and guide the immensely restorative, deep relaxation of Yoga Nidra. In-person trainings also feature inspired discussion/Q&A on the philosophy and evidenced-based research supporting the practice, including how it relates to waking, dreaming (e.g., lucid dreaming) and consciousness, healing trauma, releasing anxiety, alleviating insomnia, overcoming nightmares, etc. Among our learning objectives are for you to:
• Receive a succinct yet adaptable method for delivering Yoga Nidra to diverse audiences.
• Explore ways to incorporate Yoga Nidra into yoga classes, schools, health care clinics, private practice, home/family life, etc.
• Examine the theoretical and philosophical foundations of Yoga Nidra, including how it relates to counseling theory, psychology, yoga, mindfulness, Buddhism, etc., as well as evidenced-based research, trauma-informed approaches and ethical concerns.
• Practice how to connect with yourself and others, foster empathy and develop clear boundaries, while instilling additional strategies for self-care, wellness and prevention.
• Develop tools for deepening your own practice, finding your voice, and speaking authentically from your heart.
• Learn to relax more deeply into the present moment, let go of your fears, revitalize yourself and tap into vast creative resources.
Each 15-hour, in-person training includes a manual, scripts and teaching tools and is designed to introduce and integrate another aspect of Yoga Nidra while reinforcing the teachings of previous modules and deepening your personal practice.
Level I is our foundational module that features:
• An introduction to Yoga Nidra, including the history of the practice and supporting philosophy.
• An introduction to neural anatomy and evidenced-based research.
• An overview of the Evolutionary Education® Yoga Nidra protocol.
• Detailed instruction on how to guide a basic Yoga Nidra practice.
• Opportunities to deliver Yoga Nidra one-on-one and/or in small groups.
Level II focuses on deeper emotional work, exploring ways in which we may:
• Lead increasingly nuanced and advanced Yoga Nidra practices.
• Process trauma in ourselves and help others to do so in a safe way.
• Discover our authentic voice and transmit compassionately to our students, clients, family members, etc.
Level III examines transformative dreamwork and its place within Yoga Nidra, offering:
• Detailed Instruction on lucid dreaming, sleep and dream yoga.
• Cutting-edge research, discussion and Q&A on dream studies, consciousness, transpersonal psychology and the mythological aspects of Yoga Nidra.
• Approaches to incorporating transformative dreamwork into your teaching, clinical and personal practices.
Level IV is our culminating, in-person module geared toward advanced applications of Yoga Nidra and includes instruction on:
• How to guide ‘interactive’ Yoga Nidra one-on-one.
• Designing and marketing Yoga Nidra courses for a variety of audiences.
• Integrating the entire Evolutionary Education® Yoga Nidra protocol and making it your own.
To register for an in-person training module, visit our Events page.
Level V (40+ hours) is designed for students that are currently or have already completed the in-person training modules, have demonstrated their commitment to learning and transmitting the art & science of Yoga Nidra, and are interested in rounding out their training with rigorous, independent study and supervision.
Certified instructors will be able to demonstrate:
• A basic understanding of foundational teachings, fundamental principles and variety of methods included in the Evolution Education® Yoga Nidra protocol.
• A basic competency in delivering Yoga Nidra to groups and in one-on-one sessions.
• Significant personal experience with Yoga Nidra.
Upon completion of the entire program, you will be authorized to use the title Certified Evolutionary Education® Yoga Nidra Instructor. This credential represents our highest endorsement, may afford you access into various public, private and professional settings, and will ensure the public of your competence as a teacher, practitioner, and ambassador of Yoga Nidra.
You may apply for the 100-hr Certification Program upon completion of Level II so as to begin working on your Certification assignments during the time between levels. The latest date to apply for Certification is within 24 months of completing Level IV. After 24 months, you will need to retake Level IV and receive special permission to continue onto Level V. Level V must also be completed within a two-year period of registering (regardless of what stage you’re completing at the time of registration), after which time additional costs will apply.
• Must complete Evolutionary Education® Yoga Nidra Teacher Training Levels I-IV.
• Several journaling assignments documenting your personal practice and experiences guiding Yoga Nidra.
• Minimum two (2) reading assignments and brief book reports.
• Four (4) recordings of experiences guiding Yoga NIdra (two (2) group, two (2) one-one-one).
• Supervision and support by an Evolutionary Education® Supervisor, including four (4) hours of personal interaction (by phone or in-person).
• Review of assignments by an Evolutionary Education® Supervisor, leading to either a recommendation for Certification or further study. Please note that enrolling in the Certification process does not guarantee that the applicant will be approved for Certification.
• Optional, additional mentoring time with the Supervisor (beyond the requirements listed above) is available at the request of the applicant at an additional per hour fee.
The total cost to enroll in Level V is $1200. If you enroll within three weeks of completing a Level II, III or IV training, you are eligible to receive a $200 discount on tuition, lowering the total cost to $1000. Certification fees may be paid in full at the time of enrollment or in two installments (half at the time of enrollment, and half within six (6) months of enrollment).
For more information, please contact email@example.com.