YOGA NIDRA TEACHER TRAINING
100-hour Certification Course
Honoring the Past. Embodying the Present. Shaping the Future.
Mastering the Art of Deep Relaxation & Transformative Dreaming.
Yoga Nidra, or “dynamic sleep,” is a unique approach to deep relaxation, meditation and transformative dreamwork that can be practiced with little or no yogic experience, yet it encompasses the full breadth of yoga psychology and meditative insight.
An evidenced-based and trauma-informed practice for restoring optimal health and cultivating tranquility, Evolutionary Education®’s Yoga Nidra Teacher Training (YNTT) draws from several yogic and psychological traditions and offers a new perspective on this ancient modality.
Yoga Nidra is typically ‘delivered’ to a group by a trained instructor, though it may also be employed in a one-on-one setting—for example, in place of or as an adjunct to counseling, psychotherapy, energy work, etc. Ultimately, Yoga Nidra may become the foundation of your yoga practice, clinical work, and journey of self-discovery.
An Accessible Format for Practitioners & Helping Professionals.
Evolutionary Education®’s comprehensive and nourishing 100-hour Yoga Nidra Teacher Training and retreat-style experience is divided into 5 unique modules or levels, including 60 contact hours (Levels I-IV) and a minimum of 40 hours of independent study (Level V). No prior yogic, therapeutic or teaching experience is required to enroll in Level I.
Levels I-IV each consist of 15-hr in-person trainings designed to be carried out over the course of a single weekend, though longer immersions combining multiple levels are offered on occasion. These levels must be taken in sequence, though they need not be taken at the same location or with the same instructor. Level V is conducted on your own and includes additional reading, written work, teaching practicum and personalized supervision.
Join Our Growing Network of Teachers.
Participants will receive a certificate of completion upon successful fulfillment of the requirements for each level, will gain access to the Evolutionary Education® Teacher’s Community Facebook Group (following Level I) and may list themselves on the Evolutionary Education® Teacher Directory (following Level II), though you must complete Level V in order to call yourself a Certified Evolutionary Education® Yoga Nidra Instructor.
To register for an in-person training module (Levels I-IV), visit our Events page.
Each in-person training features gentle movement (a mix of yoga asana and qigong), breath work, expressive arts and several opportunities to both receive and guide the immensely restorative, deep relaxation of Yoga Nidra. In-person trainings also feature inspired discussion/Q&A on the philosophy and evidenced-based research supporting the practice, including how it relates to waking, dreaming (e.g., lucid dreaming) and consciousness, healing trauma, releasing anxiety, alleviating insomnia, overcoming nightmares, etc. Among our learning objectives are for you to:
• Receive a succinct yet adaptable method for delivering Yoga Nidra to diverse audiences.
• Explore ways to incorporate Yoga Nidra into yoga classes, schools, health care clinics, private practice, home/family life, etc.
• Examine the theoretical and philosophical foundations of Yoga Nidra, including how it relates to counseling theory, psychology, yoga, mindfulness, Buddhism, etc., as well as evidenced-based research, trauma-informed approaches and ethical concerns.
• Practice how to connect with yourself and others, foster empathy and develop clear boundaries, while instilling additional strategies for self-care, wellness and prevention.
• Develop tools for deepening your own practice, finding your voice, and speaking authentically from your heart.
• Learn to relax more deeply into the present moment, let go of your fears, revitalize yourself and tap into vast creative resources.