Pranayama Teacher Training: Level I
FEBRUARY 23-25, 2018
Dive deeply into the heart of Yoga vis-à-vis a systematic introduction to Pranayama and Meditation. A pillar of ancient yogic practice, Pranayama (‘breath regulation’) has untold benefits for maintaining and improving physical health as well as inspiring profound psychospiritual transformation.
This 15-hour teacher training and retreat-style experience will explore the fundamentals of yogic breathwork and purification practices (e.g., mantras, kriyas, bandhas and mudras) designed to open, cleanse and activate the body, mind, and spirit. The training will also feature gentle movement, stimulating discussion/Q&A and practicum experiences that will support your personal and professional growth, positively impacting all areas of your life. Among our learning objectives are for you to:
• Receive succinct yet adaptable methods for delivering Pranayama to diverse audiences.
• Explore ways to incorporate Pranayama into yoga classes, schools, health care clinics, private practice, home/family life, etc.
• Examine the theoretical and philosophical foundations of Pranayama, including how it relates to counseling theory, psychology, yoga, mindfulness, Buddhism, etc., as well as evidenced-based research, trauma-informed approaches and ethical concerns.
• Practice how to connect with yourself and others, foster empathy and develop clear boundaries, while instilling additional strategies for self-care, wellness and prevention.
• Develop tools for deepening your own practice, finding your voice, and speaking authentically from your heart.
• Learn to relax more deeply into the present moment, let go of your fears, revitalize yourself and tap into vast creative resources.
This program is open to all levels and no experience is needed. All participants will receive a training manual and, upon fulfillment of all course requirements, a certificate of completion for Level I. Yoga Alliance members are eligible to receive 15 hours of CE credit.
This course qualifies as part of our advanced 300-hr Yoga Psychology Teacher Training.
Learn more about our 30-hour Pranayama Teacher Training certification course.
Dr. Nick Atlas
February 23-25, 2018