PRANAYAMA TEACHER TRAINING
2 Core Modules :: 30-hour Certification Course
Freeing Mind, Body & Spirit Through Transformational Breathwork.
Practical Techniques to Awaken Your Authentic Self.
Dive deeply into the heart of Yoga vis-à-vis a systematic introduction to Pranayama, Kriya Yoga (Purification) & Meditation. A pillar of ancient yogic practice, Pranayama (‘breath regulation’) has untold benefits for maintaining and improving physical health as well as inspiring profound psychospiritual transformation. Learn to clear your mind, activate your body, transcend fear & anxiety, and share these gifts with your students, clients, friends and family. This comprehensive training for teachers, practitioners and helping professionals will support your personal and professional growth, positively impacting all areas of your life.
Experiential Learning at it’s Finest.
Evolutionary Education®’s integrative 30-hour Pranayama Teacher Training and retreat-style experience is divided into 2 core modules or levels. These levels must be taken in sequence, though they need not be taken at the same location or with the same instructor. Each level consists of 15 hours of in-person training designed to be carried out over the course of a single weekend, though longer immersions combining both levels are offered on occasion. No prior yogic, therapeutic or teaching experience is required to enroll in Level I.
Join Our Growing Network of Teachers.
Participants will receive a certificate of completion upon successful fulfillment of the requirements for each level, will gain access to the Evolutionary Education® Teacher’s Community Facebook Group (following Level I) and may list themselves on the Evolutionary Education® Teacher Directory (following Level II).
Each level explores the fundamentals of yogic breathwork and purification practices (e.g., mantras, kriyas, bandhas and mudras) designed to open, cleanse and activate your body, mind, and spirit. Each session also features gentle movement, stimulating discussion/Q&A, practicum experiences and support so that you can begin incorporating Pranayama into your personal and professional practices immediately. Among our learning objectives are for you to:
• Receive succinct yet adaptable methods for delivering Pranayama to diverse audiences.
• Explore ways to incorporate Pranayama into yoga classes, schools, health care clinics, private practice, home/family life, etc.
• Examine the theoretical and philosophical foundations of Pranayama, including how it relates to counseling theory, psychology, yoga, mindfulness, Buddhism, etc., as well as evidenced-based research, trauma-informed approaches and ethical concerns.
• Practice how to connect with yourself and others, foster empathy and develop clear boundaries, while instilling additional strategies for self-care, wellness and prevention.
• Develop tools for deepening your own practice, finding your voice, and speaking authentically from your heart.
• Learn to relax more deeply into the present moment, let go of your fears, revitalize yourself and tap into vast creative resources.
To register for an in-person training module, visit our Events page.